Reise Mobil Bord Atlas 2021 Stellplatze GermanySKU: DE3946 ISBN: 9783928803946
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
Secured & Safe Checkout :
Bord Atlas Stellplatzfuhrer 2021. The German Stellplatze Aires Guide
We shall not be stocking the 2022 Reise mobil Bord Atlas books
This stellplatz aires book for Germany is written in German, but it is fairly easy to understand. Motorhome stopovers are known as 'Stellplatze' in Germany, and are extremely popular both with local and visiting motorhomers. collectively this guidebook is known as a stellplatzfuhrer. Many of the Stellplatze are free to stop overnight and to use the facilities (Entsorgungstationen or dump stations). The 3597 German Stellplatze are often well located in German towns. There are plenty of Aires along the Rhine and Mosel rivers, on the German Romantic Road (Romantische Strasse) and in the Black Forest (Schwarzwald). There are also a lot of restaurant and farm stopovers. One thing they all have in common is they are extremely convenient if you only want to stop a night or two. German motorhome users like to hook-up to electric, so many of the Stellplatze have 230V sockets.
Travel Germany by camper van on a budget
Germany is a great place to travel in a motorhome on a budget. Read our blog post Travel Germany by Campervan: Using the Bord Atlas Stellplatze Guide to see how Pauline Porter travelled Germany for 36 nights at an average cost of €3.25 per night.
Cheep caravan holidays in Germany
Although Aires and Stellplatze in Deutschland are primarily for motorhomes, caravans are permitted to pitch at some free sites in Germany and some other European countries. A caravan and car symbol on the listing identifies caravan friendly Stellplatz; caravan aires are marked on the maps with star or letter G inside a circle, see key at bottom of map pages.
Bord Atlas: The Free Europe Stellplatze Aires Guide
This is effectively a free a guidebook of Aires located across Europe that is included with the German Bord Atlas and it is laid out in the same way.
Again it is written in German, but it is fairly easy to understand and to use. Covering 35 countries, this guide is in full colour and about half of the 2736 stopovers have photos. BordAtlas Europe has stopovers in some countries that are not listed in any other guidebook, but for France it only has 784 Aires and 133 in Spain and Portugal. If you are travelling extensively in these countries, All the Aires France and All the Aires Spain and Portugal are much more comprehensive.
Numbers of stopovers 2019 figures:
- Austria (195) 78 Stellplatze, 103 Farm/restaurant stops, 14 Campsites
- Bosnia-Herzegovia (2) 2 Stellplatze, 0 Farm/restaurant stop, 0 Campsites
- Belgium (41) 36 Stellplatze, 2 Farm/restaurant stops, 3 Campsites
- Croatia (26) 16 Stellplatze, 4 Farm/restaurant stops, 6 Campsites
- Czech Republic (21) 12 Stellplatze, 6 Farm/restaurant stops, 3 Campsites
- Denmark (165) 84 Stellplatze, 46 Farm/restaurant stops, 35 Campsites
- Estonia (17) 12 Stellplatze, 3 Farm/restaurant stops, 2 Campsites
- Faroe Islands (9) 8 Stellplatze, 0 Farm/restaurant stops, 1 Campsites
- Finland (2) 2 Stellplatze, 0 Farm/restaurant stop, 0 Campsites
- France (784) 588 Stellplatze, 113 Farm/restaurant stops, 74 Campsites
- Greece (6) 4 Stellplatze, 2 Farm/restaurant stops, 0 Campsites
- Hungary (35) 14 Stellplatze, 13 Farm/restaurant stops, 8 Campsites
- Iceland (26) 20 Stellplatze, 3 Farm/restaurant stops, 3 Campsites
- Ireland (29) 11 Stellplatze, 11 Farm/restaurant stops, 7 Campsites
- Italy (524) 399 Stellplatze, 106 Farm/restaurant stops, 19 Campsites
- Latvia (13) 8 Stellplatze, 2 Farm/restaurant stop, 3 Campsites
- Litchenstein (1) 1 Stellplatze, 0 Farm/restaurant stop, 0 Campsites
- Lithuania (8) 1 Stellplatze, 4 Farm/restaurant stop, 3 Campsites
- Luxembourg (12) 6 Stellplatze, 1 Farm/restaurant stop, 5 Campsites
- Macedonia (1) 1 Stellplatze, 0 Farm/restaurant stop, 0 Campsites
- Netherlands (189) 107 Stellplatze, 51 Farm/restaurant stops, 31 Campsites
- Norway (57) 45 Stellplatze, 1 Farm/restaurant stops, 11 Campsites
- Poland (90) 47 Stellplatze, 24 Farm/restaurant stops, 19 Campsites
- Portugal (31) 27 Stellplatze, 1 Farm/restaurant stops, 3 Campsites
- Romania (16) 11 Stellplatze, 3 Farm/restaurant stops, 2 Campsites
- San Marino (5) 5 Stellplatze, 0 Farm/restaurant stops, 0 Campsites
- Serbia (3) 2 Stellplatze, 0 Farm/restaurant stops, 1 Campsites
- Slovakia (2) 0 Stellplatze, 2 Farm/restaurant stops, 0 Campsites
- Slovenia (43) 30 Stellplatze, 11 Farm/restaurant stops, 2 Campsites
- Spain (133) 119 Stellplatze, 14 Farm/restaurant stops, 8 Campsites
- Sweden (95) 66 Stellplatze, 15 Farm/restaurant stops, 14 Campsites
- Switzerland (54) 31 Stellplatze, 16 Farm/restaurant stops, 7 Campsites
- Turkey (5) 3 Stellplatze, 2 Farm/restaurant stops, 0 Campsites
- United Kingdom (24) 5 Stellplatze, 13 Farm/restaurant stops, 6 Campsites
How to use Reise Mobil Bord Atlas 2021
In each stellplats listing you can see at a glance the price in a green box at the top right, marked 'gratis' if free, and the maximum vehicle length in a dark blue box underneath. Also under the size you may see an orange box with the word 'Gutschein' (voucher) written in it. This means that there is a voucher at the back of the guide that is valid at that Aire. Examples of voucher offers include: 3 nights for the price of 2, buy one breakfast and get one free, free riding lesson for a child under 15 years, free bottle of regional wine. New Aires are noted with a red box underneath the price with the word 'Neu' (new).
A selection of entries have been inspected (geprüft) by one of 70 Bord Atlas correspondents. These entries are stamped with a red circle and the date they were visited. However, of the more than 6,300 entries, only a very small number have an inspected date against them.
Each motorhome stopover in Germany contains the following information: Postcode, town name and address, symbol showing the type of stopover (community stopover, restaurant, farm, brewery or discounted campsite) and a description of the stopover including the number of motorhome places, costs and maximum duration of stay.
There are also details of what leisure and recreational activities can be enjoyed from the stopover. Finally the listing details the phone and fax number, email, web address, and GPS coordinates (POS) in Degrees, Minutes and Seconds: 51°13'28"N 2°55'12"E. A selection also include a colour photo.
After the GPS coordinates the map (Karte) number and page number are given as well as the map grid reference. For example, Stuttgart is on map D14 (Karte D14) on page 17 (S.17) in grid reference F1.
The maps are located at the front of the book on page 4, but that is after 91 pages of introduction. The maps are numbered from D1-D16, followed by 5 pages of Detailkarte (zoom maps).
The German stopovers are identified on the mapping with a star and their town name printed alongside. The stars are either green (free) or red (pay) and they are either circled stars (caravans accepted) or regular stars (motorhomes only). Some are marked as a letter G in a circle rather than a star. This simply denotes that there is a voucher at the back of the book which is applicable at that site. The red and green colour of the letter G still denotes whether the site is pay or free (kostenlos).
Bord Atlas European Stopover Guidebook
The European guide is laid out in the same way with maps at the beginning of each section marking the stopovers with a star and their identifying town name printed alongside. On the maps the stopovers are marked as green (free) or red (pay) stars; there are also circled stars (caravans accepted) or regular stars (motorhomes only).
The European Aires are then listed alphabetically by town name throughout each country's section, which makes it easy to refer back from the map to the listings using the town name.
You can clearly see at a glance the price, marked 'gratis' if free, and the maximum vehicle length, both in the top right-hand corner of each listing. Each stopover then contains the following information: Postcode, town name and address, identifying symbol (to show type of stopover: community stopover, restaurant, farm or discounted campsite) and a description of the stopover including the number of motorhome places, costs and maximum duration of stay. There are also details of what leisure and recreational activities can be enjoyed from the stopover. Finally the listing details the phone and fax number, email, web address, and GPS (POS) coordinates in Degrees, Minutes and Seconds: 51°13'28"N 2°55'12"E. A selection also include a colour photo.
Stellplatze for Large Motorhomes
In the top right-hand corner of each listing there is a dark blue bar showing the maximum length of vehicle accepted. These range from <8m (less than 8m) to >12m (more than 12m). Any marked >12m will be able to accommodate tag axle motorhomes and American RVs.
Beware of Low Emission Zones (Umweltzone)
A symbol identifies any Stellplatze which are within a Low Emission Zone. A green or yellow circle with a white line across it indicates that the stopover is in one of the 58 cities and towns which have restricted zones. 57 are green zones, which is the most restricted, and one is a yellow zone. To see which vehicles are allowed to drive in which Umweltzone, read our blog post Low Emission Zones (LEZ) in Europe.
Stellplatze in German Town Centres
Another symbol highlights those Stellplatze that are located in town centres (Zentrum).
Going to Germany?
Germany is a great country for exploring in a motorhome or caravan. Our driving tour, Road Trip Europe: The Great War and More, takes in some beautiful areas and includes motorhome stopovers, campsites and hotels for all locations. Browse our selection of guidebooks for Germany.
Typical Shipping Costs
|UK||1st Class||From 50p|
|Rest of world||Sold Via Ebay||See link in description|