Alan Rogers Camping Europe 55th EditionSKU: AlanRogers55 ISBN: 9781909057968
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
Secured & Safe Checkout :
Alan Rogers have been producing camping guides since 1968 and they take a quality over quantity approach to their guides. In this 55th edition of Camping in Europe, which was published February 2023, they have scrutinised then selected over 400 of the best campsites across 20 European countries.
Over 400 selected campsites in Europe and UK
- 11 best campsites in Austria
- 12 best campsites in Belgium
- 10 best campsites in Croatia
- 8 best campsites in Czech Republic
- 8 best campsites in Denmark
- 103 best campsites in France
- 24 best campsites in Germany
- 64 best campsites in Great Britain
- 8 best campsites in Greece
- 18 best campsites in Ireland
- 26 best campsites in Italy
- 8 best campsites in Luxembourg
- 26 best campsites in Netherlands
- 3 best campsites in Northern Ireland
- 8 best campsites in Norway
- 11 best campsites in Portugal
- 10 best campsites in Scotland
- 6 best campsites in Slovenia
- 41 best campsites in Spain
- 8 best campsites in Sweden
- 8 best campsites in Switzerland
- 10 best campsites in Wales
How does Alan Rogers Camping in Europe work?
The beginning of each country chapter has a brief overview of the country, mentioning shop opening times, currency and ATMs, a list of public holidays, average monthly climate and motoring advice with caravans and motorhomes in mind.
Each campsite has a full-page listing with two colour photos. They really pack a lot in but in a simple and clean layout. A thoughtful description of the site, including layout, ambiance and ideas of things to do in the surrounding area, a candid description of the toilet/sanitary blocks and other onsite facilities with opening dates, including whether the campground has a takeaway, bar, swimming pool, sports and play areas and any onsite entertainment.
Huts, Pods, Chalets etc. The quantity of "Accommodations" is right at the top right hand side of the page. The quantity o touring pitches is listed directly underneath. The type of self catering accommodation is provided for every campsite.
The campsite addresses are not supplied, but GPS coordinates in the format: 45.22297, -1.16465 are given as well as the postcode and town/city, contact details and opening dates. Symbols and words denote the key features (open all year, beach, kids, dogs, fishing, watersports, walking, etc) are also provided to help you choose the best campsite for you.
Top tips for camping in Europe
Be sure to take the ACSI Camping Card with you for a choice of more than 3,400 campsites in 21 European countries offering discounted rates to CampingCard ACSI holders.
Are you hiring a motorhome or campervan? If so Go Motorhoming and Campervaning is an essential read.
Typical Shipping Costs
|UK||Tracked 48||50p upto 1.85kg £1 - 2.2kg. £1.5 - 3kg. Then 25p/kilo|
|UK||Tracked 24||From £1.50p|
|BedAirer||Tracked 48||From £1.00|
|Rest of world||Sold Via Ebay||See link in description|