We have currently sold out of Bord Atlas 2017. We recommend you click this link of Camperstop Europe 2017 which is a similar publication but also written in English.
To get updated when Bord Atlas 2018 becomes available, sign up to our newsletter.
Reise Mobil Bord Atlas comes as a pack of two books, which collectively list over 6300 stopovers for motorhomes. One book covers 3598 German Stellplatze (German for Aires) and the other covers motorhome stopovers and sani-stations in 34 other countries across Europe. The Reise Mobil Bord Atlas also includes integrated cut out coupons offering €980 worth of discounts at the stopovers listed in the books. Examples of savings include: 3 nights for the price of 2, buy one breakfast and get one free, free riding lesson for a child under 15 years, free bottle of regional wine. Entries which have a valid coupon are marked on the map.
Although Aires and Stellplatze are primarily for motorhomes, it is possible for caravans to stay at some sites in Germany and some other European countries. A caravan and car symbol on the listing marks caravan friendly Stellplatze and those listings are also distinguished on the map with a star inside a circle.
Written in German with an English key to the symbols.
Bord Atlas: The Germany Stellplatze Aires Guide
This is a German guide written in German, but it is fairly easy to understand. Motorhome stopovers are known as 'Stellplatze' in Germany, and are extremely popular both with locals and visitors. Many of the Stellplatze are free to stop overnight and to use the facilities (dump stations). The Stellplatze are often well located in German towns and with 2,305 across the country there are plenty to choose from. There are lots of Aires along the Rhine and Mosel rivers, on the Romantic Road and in the Black Forest. There are also a lot of restaurant and farm stopovers. One thing they all have in common is they are extremely convenient if you only want to stop a night or two. German motorhome users like to hook-up to electric, so many of the Stellplatze have 230V sockets.
Bord Atlas: The Europe Stellplatze Aires Guide
This is a German guide written in German, but it is fairly easy to understand. Covering 35 countries, this guide is in full colour and about half of the 3,995 stopovers have photos. Bord Atlas has stopovers in some countries that are not listed in any other guide, but for France it only has 584 Aires and 142 in Spain and Portugal. If you are travelling extensively in these countries, All the Aires France and All the Aires Spain and Portugal are much more comprehensive.
Bord Atlas 2017 Europe Covers:
- Austria (193) 73 Stellplatze, 104 Farm/restaurant stops, 16 Campsites
- Belgium (36) 32 Stellplatze, 1 Farm/restaurant stops, 3 Campsites
- Croatia (31) 17 Stellplatze, 6 Farm/restaurant stops, 8 Campsites
- Czech Republic (20) 10 Stellplatze, 6 Farm/restaurant stops, 4 Campsites
- Denmark (161) 87 Stellplatze, 39 Farm/restaurant stops, 35 Campsites
- Estonia (17) 11 Stellplatze, 4 Farm/restaurant stops, 2 Campsites
- France (795) 584 Stellplatze, 130 Farm/restaurant stops, 81 Campsites
- Hungary (31) 13 Stellplatze, 11 Farm/restaurant stops, 7 Campsites
- Italy (551) 417 Stellplatze, 108 Farm/restaurant stops, 26 Campsites
- Ireland (31) 12 Stellplatze, 11 Farm/restaurant stops, 31 Campsites
- Iceland (26) 22 Stellplatze, 2 Farm/restaurant stops, 2 Campsites
- Latvia (13) 7 Stellplatze, 3 Farm/restaurant stop, 3 Campsites
- Luxembourg (10) 5 Stellplatze, 1 Farm/restaurant stop, 4 Campsites
- Netherlands (176) 96 Stellplatze, 49 Farm/restaurant stops, 31 Campsites
- Norway (54) 41 Stellplatze, 2 Farm/restaurant stops, 11 Campsites
- Poland (93) 45 Stellplatze, 27 Farm/restaurant stops, 21 Campsites
- Portugal (31) 27 Stellplatze, 4 Campsites
- Slovenia (53) 38 Stellplatze, 14 Farm/restaurant stops, 1 Campsites
- Spain (138) 115 Stellplatze, 13 Farm/restaurant stops, 10 Campsites
- Sweden (82) 59 Stellplatze, 13 Farm/restaurant stops, 10 Campsites
- Switzerland (63) 38 Stellplatze, 18 Farm/restaurant stops, 7 Campsites
- Turkey (5) 3 Stellplatze, 3 Farm/restaurant stops
- United Kingdom (22) 3 Stellplatze, 12 Farm/restaurant stops, 7 Campsites
- and a handful of sites in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Faroe Islands, Finland, Greece, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Macedonia, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia and Serbia.
How to use Reise Mobil Bord Atlas 2017
Maps at the beginning of each section mark the stopovers with a star and their identifying town name is printed alongside. On the maps the stopovers are marked as green (free) or red (pay) stars. The Stellplatze are then listed alphabetically by town name throughout the guide. You can clearly see at a glance the price, marked 'gratis' if free, and the maximum vehicle length, both in the top right-hand corner of each listing. Each stopover then contains the following information: Town name and postcode, address, identifying symbol (to show type: community stopover, restaurant, farm or discounted campsite) and a description of the stopover including the number of motorhome places, costs and maximum duration of stay. There are also details of what leisure and recreational activities can be enjoyed from the stopover. Finally the listing details the phone and fax number, email, web address, and GPS coordinates in Degrees, Minutes and Seconds: 51°13'28"N 2°55'12"E. The majority also include a colour photo.
Stellplatze for Large Motorhomes
There is a '12m' symbol showing which stopovers can accommodate large motorhomes and American RVs.
Stellplatze in German Town Centres
Another symbol highlights those Stellplatze that are located in town centres.