If you are travelling to France and want 200 ideas of interesting and unique museums, shows and tours, markets and circuits to visit, look no further than this guide.
Not just for car enthusiasts
Although admittedly aimed at petrol heads, this guide will give you great ideas for days out, museum visits or events to see across France, ranging from the historical to the downright quirky. The Motorsport and Circuits sections of each chapter offer opportunities to get behind the wheel yourself or sit in the crowd at a Grand Prix. The one complaint about this guide amongst car enthusiasts is the lack of any hill climbing events.
Find motoring events and places of interest in France
The guide is divided into five regions and each has an overview map showing the approximate locations of the motoring events and sites of interest. For ease of use, the sites are numbered on the mapping and in the section's table of contents with the page number. The map numbers are colour-coded, identifying if the site is a museum, a show or tour, a market place, a motorsport event or a motoring circuit. The pages then have colour-coded tabs locating the five sections within each chapter.
Each automobile event/site listing includes:
- Well-written description
- At least one colour photograph
- GPS coordinates in format: 51.079967 N, 1.13885 E
- Contact details, including address, website and telephone number
- QR code that takes you directly to the event/museum's website
Find places to stay overnight in France in your tent, motorhome or caravan
Now you have some ideas of where you want to go, you can plan your road trip or motorhome tour of France with ease with the following guide books:
- All The Aires France, to find the best motorhome stopovers.
- Michelin Camping France, to find the best motorhome campsites.
- France Passion, to find the best French vineyard and farm stopovers.
- Regional Guides to France, for even more tourist information.
- See all 78 French guides and maps in our collection
Need a map?
Please see our selection of Regional Sheet Maps for France for sheet maps to the regions covered in this guide.
Weekday deadline 2.30PM
|Free Second Class Post||For books maps and most accessories||2 - 5 days|
|First Class Post||Up to 750g 50p, then by weight||1 - 2 days|
|DPD||Mainland £3-£6. Ireland, Highlands and Islands £17||Normally next day - Tracked|
|Rest of world - AirMail||Charged at cost less the value of Second Class||Up to 21 days untracked|
Secured & Safe Checkout :